Monday, September 5, 2011

Introducing....

Ruger!

(pronounced Roo-Ger)
Corgi and Jack Russell Terrier Mix
male
3 yrs. old.
And I'm pretty sure he was named after a gun.


Meet my new little friend!
Or fur baby.
Whichever.
He came to me last night from a family that just recently moved here from Michigan but couldn't keep him due to housing restrictions.
It was one lucky facebook post that brought this little guy into our family.
But I must say that I feel bad for the family that had to give him up.
I can imagine that it was incredibly hard to let him go and I'm sure today they are thinking about him and missing him greatly.
I hope they find peace in knowing he is with a good family that loves him very much!

I took some time today to look at some knitted doggy goodness and found a few cute things that would be fun to knit.


I love this dog leash!
It's felted and full of color!
I would probably make it more manly looking so my husband could at least tolerate using a knitted leash.


A dog bed!
I thought this looked perfect to cuddle in.
If I were a dog or a smaller human I would totally sleep in that!


Last but not least...
This super cute hooded dog sweater!
I may not make this exact one but I know that I will definitely be knitting one up for him.
The winters are super cold here and he is short haired so it would only be appropriate to make him one.
I'll probably buy one too for the days of more severe weather.

I saw more things that I could knit like:
Legwarmers
snoods
Booties
collars

But I picked my three top favorites that would probably get the most use and do well at serving its purpose.

Well, if I ever get around to knitting any of this I will be sure to post.
My goal though is to at least knit him a sweater.
And if I can't find the time... I can buy him one.

I hope that you all are having an awesome Labor Day!
Be safe!

Love you ALL!



Caren

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being a new dog-mom, it's almost the best job in the world! Love my puppies like my kids and wouldn't trade them, bad habits and all, for the world. Good luck with you dog knitting projects and if you find they are easy, I would be interested in leashes :) and maybe collars...

    ReplyDelete