Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Childhood Awesomeness

I was born in 1985.  

Smack dab in the middle of the 80's.  I feel slightly robbed of an awesome decade seeming as how I was too little to remember much from that time, but between the late 80's and early 90's, I have grown up with a fond appreciation for the memories I have and the things that made it enjoyable. Toys and TV.  Not much is more important than those two things when you're little :)
Let's start with...

Lovely Lady Locks
Not many from age group remember her but I have a couple of rare people in my life that remember this long haired, critter lover and her hair name related friends. 

Remember when Polly Pocket fit in your pocket?
I owned many.  This one included.  Now it's more like "Polly Duffle Bag".

My most favorite stuffed animal was a...

Popple!
Mine looked exactly like this!

Remember when Littlest Pet Shops looked like actual animals and not bobble headed anime characters?
These were the first ones I ever owned. I collected them like a belly button collects lint.

Two of my most enjoyed shows...

Eurekas Castle
 
Under The Umbrella Tree

I was preschool age when I watched those shows and LOVED them.

I grew up with these in my hair...

As well as hair crimpers (thank you 80's) and banana clips.

Among ring pops and Dunkeroos there was the most commonly consumed..
And there was music.... Often listened to while crashing on my older sisters bed, hanging in my brothers room, or on my Walkman.
Savage Garden, yeah? :)
Oh! And...

I'll always have a place in my heart for Gangsters Paradise (or is it gansta. Haha),  Ace of Base Chumbuwumba's I get Knocked Down, MatchBox20, The Presidents, Weird Al, and many more.  Most of all... Hanson.

Loved growing up in a time where baggy pants were the bomb, flannel shirts were worn open with a Tshirt underneath, and No Fear tshirts were the trend.

I could go on and on about my favorite childhood things but I'll spare you and leave you with this.

Happy Remembering!

No comments:

Post a Comment