Thursday, March 20, 2014

I need your help... Please :)

I'm the worst at keeping up on this blog. I can't even count how many posts I've started explaining my absence or lack of writing in the last 3 years since I started this blog.  

I started this blog as a way to promote a business.  I had been knitting accessories for people as a means to bring in an income after getting laid off from my job when I was 8 months pregnant with my daughter.  I'd post about orders made, what I made for me, what I wanted to make, and other knit related things while sharing a bit of my personal life.   Now I'm not sure what this blog has morphed into. 

It's become inconsistent both in content and posting which to some degree has me bothered but at the same time I'm ok with that.  My goal hasn't been to gain follower after follower or make money as a blogger.  My goal was just to simply share what I enjoy doing and at some point it became a means to share with friends a little more of myself outside of the yarn art.   No matter how many times I tried to keep this a "craft blog" it hasn't stayed that way but I question often the substance of my writing aside from a few posts here and there.

Now I sit and wonder about what direction to take this thing or if any changes need to be made.  I just know that I don't feel like my little spot in the blogosphere is doing much.  I don't necessarily want to quit this blog but I certainly would like to be more consistent in the content that I post.  

So I'm reaching out to friends and family in hopes to get a response.  What would you like to read more of?   How can I improve my blog?  What suggestions do you have?

I'm looking forward to your valued responses!   And THANK YOU.  

Hope your week so far has been a good one!  It's almost the weekend!!

-C
 

4 comments:

  1. For years I posted to mountainkidd.com (my blog) every Wednesday. Sometimes it was very short and even if I didn't think I had anything to write about when I sat down, it was empowering to find setting in myself every week. I suggest you choose a day and commit to it for at least 3 weeks to help it become a habit. It is nice to stay 'mostly' focused on one subject but it's okay to branch out every now and then - and I bet you can usually tie it back or lossy link it to your theme even then. I would personally love to see some of your home decor with a 5 minute tutorial - like if the shadow box was from hobby lobby, tips on knitting with toothpicks, etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can always post more but never less - and if you have a busy day planned on your blog day, you can write in advance (I tried to keep a few extra as 'drafts' for just such an occasion) and set to post on your choose day.

      Delete
    2. Michelle! (My autocorrect Corrected your name to mimic belle.., hahaha!) thank you kindly for your thoughts and suggestions! I appreciate you like crazy, lady!

      Delete
  2. Hey there hows things? I'm sorry for your dear friends loss. I hope you and the fam are doing well. Looking forward to your next post. Come on over and follow my blog when you have some free time. Happy Hooking!!
    ~Kate~

    ReplyDelete