Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gauge Shmauge

I was super excited to make this 3 in 1 project that I found in
"Knitted Gifts- Irresistible Projects to Make and Give"

It's called the "Neckwarmer Hat" and its super cute.
It is a neckwarmer,
a hat,
and head wrap
All In One!

Check it out on Ravelry here !

This is what mine looks like.

And it is super BIG!
The pattern calls for an outrageous amount of stitches to be cast on and on bigger needles than I had anticipated.
I went a needle size down and figured my yarn weight (or size) would be ok and just started knitting away.
I finished it and thought that maybe washing it and blocking it would help shrink it a smidgen and it didn't work.
Silly Caren did not check gauge (which is how many stitches per inch) and therefore is bummed out that her Neckwarmer Hat is far too big.

Lesson learned.

So I have picked out new yarn and I shall try it again...
and this time I am going to check my gauge.

To learn more about what gauge is and how to figure it out, feel free to click
HERE

So for now...
I have a neckwarmer oversized hat.

Suppose I'll go serve up dinner!

Enjoy the rest of your evening!

Love you ALL!
Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment