Thursday, August 18, 2011

Bills and Brodey

I've been meaning to post this for a while now but somehow keep getting distracted by other things. So no more procrastinating or forgetting on this fun knit.
I was asked by my friend Brenda to knit her a hat with a bill.


I'd never done it before but found this cute and very simple pattern.




Brenda is the beautiful lady on the left and might I say that she sure does wear this hat well!
It looks super cute on her and it was so much fun to knit up.
For my knitting friends out there, the pattern is right
here!
I'm thinking that I'll have to make one for myself!

This week has been a pretty long week so far.
Needless to say I am ready for the weekend and until then I will settle for a short snoozer between the hours of 10pm and 6am.
I'm hoping to get some knitting done so I can finally get started on Saiya's birthday things. :)
She is going to be 1 yr old in just a few short weeks!

Brodey will be starting Pre-K in a couple of weeks.
Guess it hasn't really quite hit me yet that my little boy is growing up as we rapidly approach this milestone in his life.
I hear other moms talk about how upset they got when they took their kids to school for the first time and I think to myself "Oh, I won't do that." because I honestly don't see myself as being an incredibly emotional person but the more I think about it... the more I could cry! lol I guess we will just see when that time comes but for now...I'm good.
I am so excited to see him start this part of his life but at the same time I am kind of nervous.
The thought of bullying always crosses my mind and as he gets older he will learn things I am certain I wish he hadn't.
At least at home I can sensor things and protect him somewhat from the corrupt, outside world but once he starts public school I am certain I will either have to explain things, correct things, or discipline.
But I guess we will cross that bridge when it comes and for now I will enjoy Brodey as he is.
I hope that he never stops
Singing
Dancing
Smiling
Laughing
Drumming
loving Jesus.

What a blessing he is in my life!

I hope that you all are having an awesome week.
Love you ALL!



Caren

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic! <3 Today went well, by the way! I love reading your posts.. I do, I do! Thanks for the pattern.. I'll give this a try when I'm holed up for the cold cold winter. Love you lady! Keep this up! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Caren I know that feeling.... Every year I think it will get easier, but it's so hard to send my babies off into the big world of school. Just wait until Brodey heads off to middle school....some days I feel like I can barely breathe when I think of Emily going to middle school. It terrifies me, but I have to cling to my faith and trust that God will keep her safe from hurtful comments and harmful kids. I pray that Brodey has a wonderful pre-K experience!!

    ReplyDelete