Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Knitted Birthday

Saiya turned 10 mos old yesterday.
It honestly feels like she just arrived like 3 or 4 mos ago... not 10.
So I've been thinking about her 1st birthday and for the past 4 years I've been planning little boy birthday parties so this should be fun. :)
But what I've been thinking most about is "what can I knit for her?".

Well there is this sweet little Apron dress in "Vintage Knits for Modern Babies" that I have been eyeballing since before Saiya was born. I'm pretty sure I'll have to find the time to make that for her being that she isn't going to be a baby for too much longer!

I also wanted to knit her a new bunny. I made her one before she was born but embellished it with wool which makes it not so machine washable but I don't have the heart to pull out the bows, the eyes, nose, and fluffy pom pom tail so that she may slobber all over it So I think a new one is in order.




Now I thought it would be cool to buy Saiya her first set of knitting needles. Though she wouldn't use them for a little while I just thought it would be fun to tell her how she got her first pair of needles for her first birthday. :) I'm kind of cheesy like that I guess. Someone (I think it was my friend Charlotte) told me that they would make cute cake toppers and I thought that was a cute idea!!! I'd feel kind of selfish throwing a birthday party for my daughter and making it the theme that I'd want for my birthday! lol I could reference Psalm 139:13-14 though being that we are celebrating God knitting her in my womb and how Badawesome she is :) I think I may have just found my loop hole.... HA!
Here's a picture of what I'm looking at getting her though.





















I'm in the process of figuring out a more kid friendly kind of knitting needle. Not an actual knitting needle but a soft, stuffed, knitted toy. I know how much Saiya enjoys sticking things in her mouth and how much she has chewed on the bunny that Charlotte made her... why not make her another "chew toy" that looks like a pair of needles? I think that would make for an appropriate "Baby's first pair of knitting needles" that she can play with as opposed to actual pointy sticks that could shank her and cause some serious damage.

So excited to celebrate her on her special day with friends and family. She is such an incredible blessing and it's so crazy to think that we almost didn't have her. I can't imagine my life without her and her sweet cheeks, kisses, giggles, snuggles, and smiles. :) So blessed to be a mommy to both of my kiddos. Love them dearly!


Well I'll stop fawning over my kids via blog and get back to some much needed work!
I hope you all are having a good week so far!


Love you ALL!


Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment