Friday, July 29, 2011

Time Crunch

I had this pretty good sized baby order placed last week sometime and I've been working on it while I can. I had never made a diaper cover before and had looked at the pattern thinking that it would be a challenge but it has turned out well so far. All I have left on it are the ribbed cuffs on the legs to give it a cleaner looking edge which shouldn't take too long to do. I must admit though that I learned a couple of new things and ended up ripping it out at least once so I could fix my mistakes. I guess that is to be expected as a knitter though. I have yet to meet a knitter who NEVER messes up and resorts to ripping out a couple hrs worth of knitting. Sad but true.

I did some birthday shopping for Saiya last weekend and ended up buying her first pair of needles from my last post. :) I just felt like I could not NOT buy them. They had just come in and were being priced and put out on the shelf and so I grabbed a pair for purchase as well as a knitting pattern for a sweet little shrug that I am hoping to get done before her birthday. There is one thing now that is going to limit my time knitting.

I got a job at KUYO Christian radio station and started it on Tuesday as a part time employee. I guess you could say that I am a receptionist/secretary. I'm there 15 hrs a week which is plenty seeming as how I am use to being with my kiddos all week every week and still have responsibilities at home that can't be done by David while he is working. Not to mention I still like having my time at Dancing Sheep for it gives me my yarn and needle fix. :) I guess you could say going back to work is kind of a bitter sweet thing for me but all and all I am blessed by it. Just in the short time that I have been there I have learned and grown so much. I work with incredible Christian people who are so open about their beliefs and are so encouraging. I felt right at home! It is such a different feeling working for a locally owned business that consists of 5 people compared to a corporation that consists of 300+ people in 1 of 5 locations. I pray that God continues to take care of the details so I can continue to work there because I feel as though I belong there.

David and I will be going to California for the Celebrate Recovery Summit in a little under two weeks. We have been involved in this Christ centered recovery program for nearly 3 years now and our church is funding our trip so that we can go. It's a 5 day trip and the kids aren't coming with which to be honest is a hard thing for me because... well... I'm their momma. But there are guest speakers, awesome praise and worship, and tons of workshops that we can take. I'm hoping to come back a little more educated and spiritually uplifted.

Besides Saiya's b-day, the new job, and California... I'm just scrambling to pay bills, clean house, take care of kiddos, and prepare for David's bday (which i still need to figure out). Just thought I'd give you all an update seeming as how its been a few days since I last posted.

Hope you all have a fun and safe weekend!

Love you ALL!

Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment