Saturday, July 16, 2011

Playin Hooky

I am a self proclaimed knitter.
Knitting entails two needles and lots and lots of patience.
Crocheting on the other hand...
same concept but with a hook!

I bought the book "The Happy Hooker" a while back in attempts to learn how to crochet.
My first project as a "crocheter" I made a lovely set of coasters which was sent to my penpal/cyber friend in Oklahoma City.
Her name is Jami and has in fact been an incredible inspiration in my desire to learn more of this craft.
Even more recent my friend Davita has been whipping out projects like a mad lady and I am loving what she is making!
Especially when she takes notice to a crochet pattern that I've eyeballed out of the Happy Hooker and randomly makes it for me because I'm not brave enough to try it yet :)
Thanks, Davita!
Also, I remember my friend Sabrina (who is an awesome knitter!) crocheting at our old place of employment and she made it look so easy!
I vaguely remember her making a sleeve for her ipad and it looked so stinkin cool!
So here I have three people that have me hook envy for actual projects and I'm stuck on one thing....

FLOWERS
I love these things!
They are so easy to do and make for the perfect embellishment on so many things!
It seems that I always find a use for them.
In my hair,
on my hats,
around my wrist,

or on my neck.
I've been looking for fun things to do with them and ways that I can dress them up and make them more colorful and I thought I would experiment on a friends birthday present.
I came up with this...


(Please excuse the poor quality of photo.
I use my camera phone often and it doesn't make for the best photos)
My sweet friend Charlotte had her birthday yesterday and I try to do something knitting or yarn related for her being that she taught me how to knit and introduced me to the enchanting world yarn.
And though this is not knitting... It does in fact have yarn in it so I WIN!
I would have to say that this is by far my favorite necklace I've made so far and am thinking of new ideas.
Hopefully I'll be making more soon to sell.
And soon I will be going on Youtube for another crochet lesson on some more advanced fiber flowers. I just need to find the time now.

Both Davita and Sabrina have blogs!
Check them out if you get the chance!

Sabrina's Blog!
Davita's Blog!


Well Off I go to lay kids down for naps and maybe, possibly do some house work... if I don't get distracted by knitting... or sleep.
A nap sounds good.

Love you ALL

Caren

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic! I love this idea! Hope we can get together, and you can show me!!

    Brittany

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! It's on it's way as of today. Love ya girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the name drop ;) you inspired me to write a little something about crocheting on my blog, sometimes I forget I can crochet too :)

    ReplyDelete