Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Socks


Often times do I come across Sock yarn that I find just too wonderful to put on my feet.
After much searching online for a hat pattern that I found suiting for my treasure I decided that I would just write my own pattern. I feel like it was quite successful and thought that this would be a hat suitable to wear during the summer time even. There are some days when you just want a somewhat stylish way to protect your head! And I personally am a fan of slouch hats/berets so how perfect would it be that I write a pattern for such a style.
For my knitting friends... I shall share it with you! :)
.
Summer Sock Slouch:
.
Needles: Size 5us, 16" circulars and 5us DPN's
Yarn: estimated 180 yards of sock weight yarn.
(I used Schoppel Wolle Ambiente. I used the entire skein which has approx. 170 yards and ended up using a little bit from a second skein.)
.
CO 120 (or for a fit that's a tad more snug... 108)
Join in Round and place marker.
.
*K1,P1* and repeat to end of round.
Continue the K1P1 rib till your piece measures 2 inches from CO edge.
Work the rest of your rows in stockinette till you measures 6 1/2 inches from the CO edge. (Or 7 inches for a little extra slouchiness)
.
Decrease Rows:
1: K10, K2tog -repeat to end of round
2: Knit All
3: K9, K2tog- repeat to end of round
4: Knit All
5: K8, K2tog- repeat to end of round
6: Knit All
7: K7, K2tog-repeat to end of round
8: Knit All
9: K6, K2tog- repeat to end of round
10: Knit All - (Personal note- this was about the time I switched to my dpn's)
11: K5, K2tog- repeat to end of round
12: Knit All
13: K4, K2tog- repeat to end of round
14: Knit All
15: K3, K2tog- repeat to end of round
16: Knit All
17: K2, K2tog- repeat to end of round
18: Knit All
19: K1, K2tog- repeat to end of round
20: K2tog- repeat to end of round
.
Break yarn and pull through remaining stitches. Pull tight and secure. Weave in and loose ends and wear! I didn't block this hat because the sock yarn drapes nicely on its own. :)
.
*This pattern is for personal use only. Do not print to distribute or sell this pattern. Any product made from this pattern is for personal only and is not to be sold.*
.
.
PROGRESS ON MY ETSY SHOP!
I have yet to post anything on my shop but am anticipating that I will be doing that this weekend. This week I have been working on writing out my policy for my shop and the items I sell as well as trying to determine a proper time frame in which I can make and ship out my items without causing much damage to my wrists.
But once I have it completely up and running you will be able to find me at the following etsy website:
.
Well I have a baby ready to get out of her jumperoo and another munchkin ready for breakfast! Will be writing again soon!
Thanks to everyone!
.
Caren
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment