Friday, March 18, 2011

A time to give


So my sister writes a blog of her own ( http://heberteveryday.wordpress.com/ ) and not too long ago she posted about a fundraiser for a family in need. If you live in Casper, Wy or close to you may have heard about the tragic accident on the slopes of Hogadon where a snowboarder colided with a mother and daughter that were stopped on the run. The snowboarder and the little girl did not make it and the mother was left in critical condition. The mother, Kelli Johnson and her husband, Chauncy Johnson attended high school with my sister and their daughter Elise Johnson went to my nephew's school as well and so this seemed to hit home for her. In her blog she had posted a couple of links to get the word out about a fundraiser that is being held for the Johnson family on April 2nd in Sheridan, Wyoming.




And to donate or find out how you may be able to help you can read the Johnson family blog


I'm asking for your help to get the word out of this fundraiser and to please find a way to give back to a family in need.


I knitted something for the event which is the cowl pictured in this posting. It's named "Elise's spring cowl". It is knitted out of 100% Alpaca and is incredibly soft. I think it would look super cute with a jean jacket but that's just me. :)
Please feel free to share this blog (and/or my sisters)! Love you all and have a blessed day!
Caren
Psalm 139:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment