Tuesday, June 28, 2011

I'm a bloggy girl in a bloggy world

So I decided that I needed a change with my facebook pic for "Sereknitty And Purls" and this is what I came up with. I figured that it would do for now but I am hoping that some day I will have a logo or something that I can actually put on my business cards. Look at Starbucks... they have a logo and its put on nearly (if not all) everything they advertise on.
Maybe one day I can recruit someone to help me brainstorm and draw something up.
I don't really trust my own ability to draw anything seeming has how i have been out of practice for quite some time.
But anyway! I figured this would work for now and was some what better than the previous pic that I had seeming as how it now specifies that I do custom knitting and it identifies me by name to those who are not familiar with who I am.
Just don't really envision my face being plastered on EVERYTHING.

Now I've been doing a lot of knitting lately (Big Shocker) and it seems that I have done more custom knitting/crocheting for others than for myself. So, I started this project that is really quite simple and have been knitting on it as my therapy in between projects.
Here it is...





I absolutely love this thing. I know that it is kinda warm for a scarf/wrap thingy... 94% to be exact BUT I have always wanted to knit something like this and especially one that wasn't too complicated. It made for good television knitting for sure :)
The pattern is not of my own. It came from this young designer named Alexandra Tinsley that I came across when I first learned how to knit.
Here is the pattern for Garteriffic.
This isn't the first pattern that I've knitted from Alex and though she does offer quite a few free patterns I will admit that I have bought some of her patterns too.
She really has been a pretty big inspiration to me over the past couple years. I just really appreciate her creativity, her style, and her ambition and dedication to be successful in her business Dull Roar. She has a couple of EBooks out right now and some of her patterns have made it out to printing and are being placed in many stores out there. I'm really quite excited for her even though she doesn't know me personally. lol
Anyway
Being that she has this pattern copyrighted and forbids that any items made from this pattern be sold... I won't be able to sell this
BUT
if you like this and are wanting something similar please let me know and I will figure something out for you! I think it would be fun to write a pattern of my own and may do it once I finish my orders.

Well off I go to make a pot of coffee!
With the help of my coffee pot... VICTORY IS MINE!
Just have had a lazy day today and need a little pick me up... that's all. :)

OH! and one more thing! Give me some blog post ideas! Are there questions I can answer for you?



Love you ALL!



Caren
Psalm 139:13-14

1 comment:

  1. Love the scarf! I have wanted to knit myself one too! Seeing how good yours turned out I might try this pattern. The tassels are really what sold me. Thanks for continuing to be a knitting inspiration for me ;)

    ReplyDelete