Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Yappidy Yap

So this last Saturday was Worldwide Knit In Public Day! There wasn't a very big turnout but it sure was fun with the people that came! Not to mention... we did get to yarn bomb. :) There was a little worry that we wouldn't be able to because we were told that we couldn't decorate any city property but this eyesore of a sign that is smack dab in front of Charlotte's store did not belong to the city. :) We got permission to at least decorate it and might I add... I am pretty fond of how it turned out. We brought unfinished projects, finished projects with no real use, donated and scrap yarn as well as some on the spot knitting that was done right there in public :) I'd say it is quite colorful and has been able to make it through the random rainstorms that have passed through since Saturday. And would you be shocked to read that we got help from our husbands?! HA! Mine (David) and Charlotte's (Chris) willingly wrapped yarn around the top of that sign! That is one way I know my husband loves me :) He helps his wife and her friends yarnbomb! :) So yeah. It was fun. :)





What have I been working on lately?
If you knit/crochet than you can understand when I say TOO MANY THINGS. Had an order for hair flowers which I love doing because the flowers crochet up so quickly!

I have a scarf that I've been working on for my sister for a while. It's a potato chip scarf which I will save for another post. :) I do have other things going but my brain hurts to much right now to think about those. lol

I will be doing another hat and bunny order but will be looking at something different for the hat. It's for my cousin who is really into photography so I'll be looking for a pattern that will be just as creative as she is! Maybe after she gets the order and uses it she'll let me post a pic or two.

I haven't really done anything for my etsy shop lately. I did make another necklace to post but am lacking the time or the energy to do all that editing and writing for that. I'm sure I will get around to it this weekend. Seems that I have more custom orders than anything so my etsy shop hasn't really been a priority as of late. But I do have some fun ideas for future projects that I am certain will make their way in my shop eventually!

My craftiness feels to be a little low key as of late though. Things have been much busier than I am use to now. Just this last week was crazy with Vacation Bible School mon-friday, Celebrate Recovery friday night, Soul Sisters Walkathon for human trafficking saturday morning (which was very successful by the way!), Worldwide Knit in Public day saturday afternoon, Step Study Sunday morning, Ushering after that, and then church for the kids in the Juvenile detention center Sunday evening. I think that is the busiest week I have had since I was laid off! This week though has been much more low key which I am thankful for!

Well, off I go to hopefully get some rest.

Love you All!
Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment