Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's alive!!!

... My blog that is! It sure has been a little bit since my last blog but thought that I'd hop on here and write an update on what I've been up to.



I've been doing quite a bit of knitting. The picture that is posted (which is a pretty sad camera phone pic. sorry.) is of a partial order that will be shipped out on Tuesday. I am to make 2 earflap hats and 2 slouch hats and so far I have 2 earflap hats (one needs tassels still) and one slouch hat made. Won't take long to finish and wash and block them. I'll be take a road trip this weekend so that will give me plenty of time to knit in the car and finish that last hat. Pretty excited to have this order done and shipped out!

I had a couple of custom orders come in to me this week so I will not lack of things to do! Love my "job"! lol

Worldwide Knit In Public Day is coming up soon! June 11th which lands on a Saturday! If you are looking for a place to knit in public or even learn how to knit you can come to the Dancing Sheep Yarn and Fiber in downtown Casper and enjoy the nice weather, the good company, and some knitted entertainment between the hours of 11:00am-4:00pm. Be sure to bring a comfy chair to ensure you have a place to sit! If you don't have one I am sure one can be provided for you. :)

If you are looking for something to do that morning and you enjoy walking (and especially for a good cause).... Highland Park Community Church is having a Soul Sisters Event which is a Walk-A-Thon for human trafficking at 9:30 am! Here is some information for you...




*It's at Three Crowns Golf Course


*Cost: $10. Make checks payable to HPCC Soul Sisters


*Check in begins at 8:45 am


*Meet and park at 1551 Platte River Business Plaza


car pooling is encouraged as parking is limited


*Donations of $50 or more will receive a t-shirt the day of the Walk-A-Thon


*Please mail registration fee to Soul Sisters @ 7632 Spencer Road


Casper, Wy 82604


*Questions call (307)-251-2435 or email at soulsistershpcc@yahoo.com




Profits from this Walk-A-Thon will go to "The A21 Campaign- Abolishing Injustice in the 21st Century". Hope to have a good turn out here and help be the voice for those who have been silenced in this matter.

Well I guess I should go do something! Just thought that I would keep you all updated and I will be writing again soon!




Love you all!




Caren-
Psalm 139:13-14




No comments:

Post a Comment