Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Late Night Blogginess





First I have just got to say that half a pot of coffee before bed is probably not a good idea. BUT it's a good thing that I am impervious to the effects of caffeine and will be ready for bed as soon as I finish this post. :)

I know that I promised Saiya's first birthday pictures but have yet to upload them. I'm hoping friends and family will post soon so I can can just use those pics seeming as how I was so busy helping the little stinker open her gifts and wasn't the one behind the camera. But I have at least one picture that I can share that was take by Saiya's Godmother, Charlotte,via cell phone. :) I thought it was a good picture seeming as how Saiya is wearing the little sweater I made her, wearing a matching headband that Charlotte made her, as well as a flower clip that I had made that was was o so cleverly clipped onto her headband, and in the background, on the table you can see the bear I bought and it is wearing the sweater that I knit for it. Knitted goodnesssssss and Saiya precioussssssss! (Maybe this is the caffeine talking here...) Anyway. Still can't believe I have a 1 year old. But another thing that just blows my mind is that in February... Brodey will be FIVE! And on Saturday I will be 1 year past the half way mark to 50. Just can't believe how time is flying. OH and might I add that my mom had a birthday just this last Sunday?! I love how close our birthdays are because for three weeks we get to eat birthday cake! LOL!

Another fun thing... I worked at my favorite yarn store this last Saturday :) I can't work as much as I'd like to because of my radio job and daycare issues but when I do get to work there I am a pretty happy camper. I look at things as I help customers and put things away and plan what my next purchase will be. Needless to say that by the time I leave there I practically have already spent my paycheck. I am hoping now that I have stocked up on some yarn I will be ok for a few weeks while I work on orders, Birthday, and Christmas knitting. But if Malabrigo orders keep pouring in there... I don't know if I can resist. Malabrigo makes up at least 45 percent of my stash and lately she has been getting in SuperWash which means this soft, wonderful, gift from above, yarn can be WASHED! <3 LOVE IT!

Anyway... I taught a man how to knit. A successful, married man, with a simple interest in the art of knitting. It seems that many people think that knitting is for the female and for the elderly and if you're a male knitter than you must be of the non heterosexual kind. (sorry. trying to be politically correct here... can I say gay?) Well, here is your wake up call. :) Knitting knows no boundaries. It is not exclusive to any age, gender, or sexual preference. It is all inclusive and I was quite thrilled to finally teach a man. Rock on duder!

Yup. Guess I should go to bed. I don't know why I think staying up late won't make it hard for me to get out of bed. Seems I wake up at the absolute latest time and then I'm wishing I wouldn't have slept that extra 30 mins that came in 9 minute time increments. Seriously... like that is rest? May as well get up. Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah. Done.

Love you ALL,

Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment