Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Catch-Up


So last week I wrote a post about the "Kidd" couple. They showed up late Wednesday night and stayed with us until early Monday morning (which was yesterday). That was quite the stay but so much fun and hard to see come to an end. We did quite a bit in the time they were here and unfortunately am not able to upload photos from my camera but I had one on my phone that I was able to post. The picture posted was from our Kidd/Willy date night which was this last Friday. Usually David and I are at Celebrate Recovery on Friday nights but we had the night off from leading and thought we would take advantage by going on a date sans the kiddos. We went to Poor Boys Steak House for dinner, Bowling after that, and then to Metro Coffee Co. for a little pick me up so we could watch Xmen 3 when we got back home. It was adult time full of uninterrupted laughter and conversation. So Thank you Grammy for watching our kids! lol It really was a fun night.

Brittany and I didn't get to go yarn shopping like I had posted in the previous blog. :( it's not that we didn't try because we did! We got to my favorite LYS and she had closed for a little bit and we were on a time crunch. We ended up just walking down to ToyTown and browsed while we sipped on sodas that we bought from the Sandwich Bar. And we dropped in to visit my friend Emilee at The Jade Elephant which was fun, partially because she was so in love with Brittany's Kentucky accent. lol "You're so cute! Say something else!". If there is one thing I can count on when I see Emilee, it is that she will make me smile. :) So it wasn't a total loss though we didn't get to drool over malabrigo and other fine fibers.

I was in such a rare form yesterday. Apparently I had become so use to having a full house that I became quite lonely after they left. David went to work, Allen and Brittany left for Idaho to continue their road trip, Brodey went to school, and so it was just me and Saiya. Much different compared to the house full of people that i had over the last 5 days. I just felt unsettled and my anxiety kicked in. I cleaned, I grocery shopped, I hopped on facebook for a little bit, I watched a movie... All of these things to either distract me or relax me. I tallied up a lot of the unease and anxiety from the 1.5 pots of coffee I had and my lack of water intake. Between caffeine and missing the company... I was feeling not quite like myself. Today? I feel better! Still miss the company but now I don't feel like I could hop through a window and run down the street screaming like a mad woman.

Saiya turned 1 year old a couple days ago! I'll be posting pictures soon of that in my next blog. Her party had such a great turn-out of family and close friends. We tried to keep it small being that we have a fairly little apartment and lots of people that love her. lol What a blessing! She sure was tired by the end of it all and went to sleep without a whine or a peep. Must have been all that cake and excitement. :)

I did a little weekend project. I'll knit something in between orders as a way to clean my pallet I guess you could say. Something easy that doesn't make me think super hard. I found this hat pattern online from DullRoar and just had to make it! I thought it would be perfect for fall and it seems that fall is just around the corner. The hat pattern is called "Meriwether" and is a sweet slouch hat that just kind of drapes on my head.





















I have an order that I will be shipping out on Friday so I've been busting my tail to get that done. On top of that I have been planning and shopping for Christmas knitting. I don't knit for everyone but only for family and maybe a close friend if I have time! In my family, birthdays land at the end of the year as well as Christmas, so that can get challenging because I usually knit for birthdays too. Maybe I'll have to do something differently here.... *shrugs*


Well Off I go before I talk about EVERYTHING and have nothing left to post about later on. I hope that you all had a great weekend!

Love you All!


Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment