Thursday, February 9, 2012

My "CAN'T WAIT" but will post

In the midst of all of my knitting there is one project that I am really wanting to start but haven't yet because I want to make sure that I can dedicate a good chunk of my time to it guilt free.
I have an incredibly hard time starting projects for myself when I have orders that need to be done for other people and so I'm busting my butt so I can get started on this...

It's a Newport Beach Sweater.
I love the neck on it and I think it would be perfect to throw over a tshirt or tank top. It calls for fingering weight yarn and I believe is knit on size 6 so hopefully I won't lose interest being that it's knit on smaller (but not the smallest) needles.
I managed to score some yarn on clearance in this color...

I ordered it from knitpicks which I don't really ever do.
I would much rather go to my LYS because at least I am investing my money into a local business and can touch and feel the yarn before I purchase it.
I figured at a little over 2 bucks a ball that I would give it a try though.
Cheap doesn't always mean good and I haven't knit with this yarn before so we will see how it goes.
I CAN'T WAIT to get it started!

Brodey's turns 5 yrs old in 9 days!
I have been brainstorming on what to knit him that will be quick and simple and yet will get a lot of use and love out of it.
I think a simple ribbed scarf in his favorite Wiggle colors (yellow, red, blue,and purple) would be perfect for him.
He plays with this Spongebob Square Pants scarf that I got like 10 years ago and I think he would love one that is made in his favorite colors. So, I will be starting that tonight when he goes to bed cause I would like to surprise him if I can.
Should be a fairly quick knit :)
I think I'm just as excited for his birthday as he is.
I'm pretty sure we both....CAN'T WAIT!

If you are a nerd and enjoy comics in addition to your knitting then you've probably already heard of "The Knit Princess".
If not the link is here: http://www.knitprincess.com/
anyway.
They were looking for a new artist a couple of months ago and had posted it on their facebook page. I shared that page with my friend, Gilly, who is an incredible artist and has done some work for the famous Comic Con and various other things.
She sadly didn't get it and it was handed over to a chick that was capable of getting the job done and honestly can do a better job than I can but it totally messed with the feel of the comic.
Welp, that person is out and Gilly is in!
Her comic debut for The Knit Princess will be on Feb 28th so keep your eyes pealed!
I CAN'T WAIT!

Kids go in for a re-check on their ears so wish us luck!
I really hope that Saiya does not need tubes in her ears and am keeping my fingers crossed that we can dodge that one.
Until then though I will be working and then picking up munchkins for a quick lunch and nap before we have errands and the dr. visit.

Hoping your day is a good one!
love you ALL!

Blessings,
Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment