Thursday, February 2, 2012

pish posh blog of randomness

Ugh I know.
Super Sucky at writing lately.

I did you know that it is cold and flu season?
Did you know that the months of January, February, and March are the worst months for it?
Well my family seems to know this all too well and I can't wait till it is over.

Saiya has had fluid on her ears for the past 3 months now that keeps getting infected. I think within that time her ears have been clear once.
She has been on 3 different kinds of antibiotics and has gone in for checks and re-checks in addition to her milestone check-ups.
This has kept me on my toes.

Brodey has been pretty healthy but this season he has had numerous colds, pink eye, an ear infection, the start of strep, and we just recently found out that he may be going in for surgery in a couple years to have his sternum pushed out because it is slightly concave right now (which makes, what looks like a hole in his chest) and may get worse as he grows. Guess we will cross that bridge when we get there but it has just been nuts with all of these doctors visits!

I have had what I believe to be tonsillitis twice within the last 3 weeks. I know its bad to self diagnose but when I go to webmd and every symptom I have matches up exactly with tonsillitis... I'm going to put my money on that.
Thanks to a stock of antibiotics and a ton of vitamin C... I feel like I am on the mend finally.

My husband.... he feels great!
good for him.




Anyway. I've been thinking about collections lately. I know a lot of people who collect things. And often times I read blogs where people actually post their collections on there. And then I start to think... what do I collect? Well I have a nice "collection" of yarn and an awesome variety of coffee mugs! but that is about it.
One collection I think would be fun to start would be of nesting dolls.


Maybe someday I will start a collection of my own.
But right now I am just too cheap.

Within the last year my yarn has been forced out of my knitting corner. My one corner in the entire house that I spend knitting, contemplating the meaning of life, drawing up my escape plan, and figuring out quantum physics. Well.... I knit there at least.
This corner has seemed to transform quite drastically as I've acquired new yarn, books, and more responsibility.
It's become more of a little office area than anything which holds all my paper work, Celebrate Recovery Resources, mail, and of course all of my knitting resources and supplies.
It no longer looks like this little picture...
It looks like this now....


I'm not in it a whole bunch while I'm knitting but I still do enjoy it.
I've claimed this little spot on the floor that has a massive pillow for me to lounge on with a whole bunch of throw pillows and an electric heated blanket which is where I do most of knitting now. It's cozy. :)

What have I been knitting?
ORDERS!
I will be starting a project of my own here soon. Just need to knock out another earflap hat and a couple of neckwarmers.
ALSO
I am going to knit something for Brodey for his birthday which is on the 18th of this month. He is going to turn 5 years old and I just can't believe it.
It seems like it was just yesterday that I saw him for the first time. I intently studied his face and looked over every little bit of him to find his features that were most similar to mine. I immediately fell in love with his sweet little heart point chin and completely soaked in the feeling of finally being a mom. Not just a mom though... HIS mom.
He was the biggest adjustment I ever had to make but has by far been the biggest joy I have ever had. Even just this morning as we were hanging out before school he said "Mom, I love you. Want to know why? Because you're my favorite. Want to know why? Because you're mine!" I am so glad to be HIS mom but most of all I am blessed to have a son as wonderful as him.
This little boy deserves something special and of course it has to have the same colors as the Wiggles. Haha! It just wouldn't be right if it wasn't!

Off I go to get some work done.
Have a busy day today with kiddos.

I hope you all are doing well.
Love you ALL!

Blessings,
Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment