Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Lately

So I was suppose to have a meeting on monday (2/27) with a locally owned business.
It Sadly didn't happen but has been rescheduled for this friday.
This business is owned and opperated here in Casper by a man, his wife, and his best friend and handsews all of their clothing within a downtown studio.
They have recently incorporated hemp jewelry and crocheted accessories made out of organic materials such as bamboo, hemp, and cotton.
Well, they have been looking for a knitter to add onto the team and was directed to me by a mutual friend of ours.
So I will be meeting with them over sushi (their idea :) ) to discuss a possible "partnership".
I'll write more when I get more details.

Lately I've been planning and mapping out future projects.
I have bought a hat pattern that I am anxious about starting that uses a provisional cast on and is knit flat. Also uses a new technique called welting which I have not done on any knitting before so it should be fun.
I have yet to start that sweater I mentioned a post or two ago.
Other projects have been more pressing lately and has taken away from my personal knitting time but as soon as I finish this one hat then I will start it.
I'll just have to hop between projects because if I dont do that then I will never get in any knitting time for myself... or my family..

I'd been patiently awaiting for the comic strip post by my friend Gilly on the Knit Princess website.
Yesterday was the day but sadly there was a technical issue and I had to wait. It wasn't a very long wait though and Gilly made her debut on my favorite comic strip!

I wish I knew how to make the picture larger and I am sure I could figure it out but I don't sadly don't have much time till I pick up my son from Preschool.
I absolutely love it though! And based off of the comments the readers really enjoy her style! The last artist was talented but it was such an odd look that it was hard to get into.
So glad to have Gilly and so very proud of her!
So cool to see where God is taking her with her artistic ability and to know that her talent isn't going to waste.

Well off I go.
I will be posting soon.
I've had a lot on mind lately.

Love you ALL!


Blessings,
Caren

p.s. spell check did not work for me today. I am sorry for any type-o's! Or poor grammer. It happens sometimes and my fingers don't always move as fast or translate as fast as my brain does. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment