Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas Recap

Christmas is finally done in our home.  And by done I mean I've packed up all of the decorations and put them away in storage. 

Toys have finally migrated their way to the proper rooms, trash bags and boxes are out, and our home is looking a lot less cluttered.

It seems that it takes a couple of weeks to catch up on sleep after the holidays. Between preparing, enjoying time with family, and playing with new gadgets, it's hard to catch up but I can't really complain.  

This Christmas was a blessed one.


Spent with my favorite kiddos :)


Reading Stories...


...And just being together.


We played with new toys in our new pajamas....


...and took plenty of naps.


We said goodbye to Patrick the Elf before he returned back to the North Pole.  It was bitter sweet.  I've really enjoyed my time with Patrick and enjoyed even more how the kids looked for him every morning.

Patrick really out did it this year.  Next year may pose as a challenge for him. Haha!

We had a bit of a gift scare and had one sad little boy when he opened his Nintendo 2DS and we found that it had been removed from the box before our purchasing. 

 I saw the tears build in his eyes and disappointment take shape in his frown.  We told him that we would go to the store the next morning and get him one.  He said "it's ok.  I can be flexible".  My heart melted.  Clearly he was sad but hearing those words just confirmed that he deserved it.

I looked and looked for the receipt and could find it NOWHERE.  I even dug through the trash on the off chance I threw it out with the Walmart bag and still found nothing. I knew I had put it in my purse and I figured that either I moved it and forgot that I had, or the sticky fingers of a daughter that I have pulled it out in her search for Mommy's gum and lipstick.

We felt anxiety.  Were we going to have to pay for another one? Was Walmart going to think that we were trying to con them?  Were we crap out of luck because I lost the receipt?

The next morning our Christmas miracle happened.  


Brodey got his 2DS!

Walmart was made aware of a distributor issue where hundreds of electronics had gone missing and wasn't made aware until customers were returning to the store with empty boxes.  We were one of those customers and they showed us mercy.  I am so thankful!!!! 

 I was one hurting momma to one sad little boy and I am so glad that we could make if right.
(Thank you God for making it right)

Despite that Christmas hiccup... 
It was a blessed Christmas.

So as we put Christmas behind us we are still reminded of the true gift that was given... Jesus.  

And as I look toward the New Year that is just around the corner, I can't wait to see what that gift has in store for us.  

I can't expect perfection for 2014 but I know I can expect more blessings.

Praying you all had a wonderful Christmas and that you all have a spectacular new year.

-C

No comments:

Post a Comment