Thursday, October 27, 2011

Craftin' Bug Satisfaction

Things have been so busy that I am just now getting a chance to share with you my crafty weekend... which started last Friday.
I don't know what got into me but I was feeling mighty crafty.
I stayed home from Celebrate Recovery with Saiya on Friday night because she was feeling a little under the weather so I decided that while she slept I would browse my favorite blogs and ran across a pattern for this cute little guy. (I finished him Sunday as I got distracted with life)

This little creation is called "Owl Puff" and is actually suppose to be much smaller but thought the kids would appreciate something a little bigger.
I will be making lots of these in their intended size which is like 1/4 of what this one is.
I love owls and they seem to be quite popular these days.

I had shared a fun wreath on my personal facebook page that I thought was kind of odd but oddly enough... it grew on me.
So I went searching for a few hours looking for the key ingredient which were eyeballs.
Didn't find them.
BUT
my wonderful husband found them at the Halloween store next to hobby lobby and bought me a few bags to fulfill my crafty itch.
I'm so lucky to have a man that is so thoughtful and looked for eyeballs for me while I worked the yarn store. <3
So Saturday night I worked and worked (for a couple hours at least) and made this wreath as a Halloween decoration.

I added ribbon for a touch of class and sophistication.
I know... Like ribbon helps but I think it is fun!

I did mention the handwarmers that I had been knitting for the kids at the Wounded Knee Indian Reservation.
Though I didn't get a picture of all of them I thought that I would post a picture of a pair that I made nearly 3 years ago so you have an idea of what they are and what they look like.
These are so easy to make.
You just knit a piece in garter stitch and seem it, leaving a hole for your thumb.
This is the first project that I have ever made.
I have made quite a few pairs and am able to make a pair in a couple hours.
Makes for the perfect last minute gift.

Sunday night I hosted a knit night for the teen girls that go to the youth program at Celebrate Recovery which was a lot of fun.
The girls had the option of learning to knit or crochet but we all ended up knitting in the end and watched a (very appropriate) chick flick..
We started the simple earwarmer from about 3 posts back and I managed to finish mine Monday morning. I am sure the girls are anxious to finish theirs and am certain they will have questions when I see them on Friday.
I will be doing this once a month and will more than likely extend this to all teen girls within the youth group.

Well, I need to go.
My husband is home after a long day of work and I would very much like to hang out with me without the distraction of the cyber world.
I hope that you all have had a good week and that your Halloween weekend is fun and SAFE!

Love you ALL

Caren

1 comment:

  1. Super cute mitts! And that's awesome about the class you taught to the girls! I've always wanted to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete