Monday, October 3, 2011

A perfect weekend- my first being 26!

It is Monday and it feels like I need a weekend to recover from my weekend.
It was one busy weekend but it started out with a busy Friday which was full of errand running.
I have joined this facebook page called Casper Parents Free Cycle where people can join to either get rid of unused things or put in requests for things that they may need.
Well there was a gal on there that has some pretty amazing paintings that she was just giving away!
By the time I responded to the post she had given them all away.
She then randomly posted a picture of one and somehow it was bumped down a few listings and I managed to see it and snag it!
So cool!
I felt like I had won though it wasn't a competition.
Thought I'd share a picture of it...

Love it!
So in addition to picking that up I had done some last minute finishing touches to an order and got it shipped it which felt good to do because I am always so anxious to get feedback on the work I do.
My cousin Jenny had ordered a couple of diaper covers for her photography business to match some hats that I had knit for her a while back.

So my Friday was full of last minute catch-ups and errands before the weekend came...
which was a very busy weekend mind you.
It was my birthday weekend and it was pretty full of fun things to do!

My morning started off with Starbucks coffee with my Momma!
We had originally planned on getting breakfast but David surprised me with Cinnamon rolls and I couldn't pass that up so I tried a Salted Caramel something or other as a recommendation by my friend, Amanda.
It was the perfect way to start the day :)
Yummy coffee and great company.

Shortly after that David and I headed to church where we helped bag meals for
Kids Against Hunger.
You can find out more about it by clicking on the link below.
http://www.kidsagainsthunger.org/
It was honestly a lot of fun and I felt greatly blessed by being able to serve like this.
Often times it seems people think that they have no way of helping poverty stricken countries that are hungry and without any means of getting a meal.
This is one way you can help... Allllllll the waaaaay from Wyo.... You can make a difference and it felt good to be able to participate in feeding thousands of people.
I would volunteer for this again in a heartbeat!

Afterwards David and I hit a massive garage sale!
Usually I am not very optimistic on garage sale and thrifting finds.
I luck out from time to time but it is rare when I go and find the perfect fit/find.
For the last 4 years David and I had toyed with getting me a bowling ball but those boogers aren't cheap.
But tucked away in a neon lined bowling ball bag with a flame on the front of it was the perfect bowling ball for me. :)
It is purple and teal marbled and my fingers fit perfectly!


The purple looks blue in this pic but I promise it is purple :)
I also scored an awesome quilt which I have been wanting for a while now.
It was free and my ball was $5.
Score!

A little bit after that I went and picked my mom up for some pottery painting at
Pottery By You.
David had bought my mom a gift card to that place for her birthday and surprised me with one too so we could go together!
My mom painted a super cute frame with a little lamby on the corner of it.
I painted a sugar bowl/jar/dish.
whatever you want to call it.
I did take a picture of it but when it is fired in the kiln it will be much brighter and much darker.
Figured I'd post a picture of it pre-firing just because I am slightly proud of myself even though it isn't anything super extravagant or detailed.


As soon as I got home I got ready for dinner with my hubby for a fancy dinner at a local Italian Restaurant that we had yet to eat at together.
It had been years since we had been there and thought that it would be the perfect start to our night of celebration.
We ordered and giggled as we pretty much slaughtered the names of the dishes and how they should have been pronounced.
At one point I thought I wanted desert until I looked at the menu and realized that it was also in Italian, without description, and I had no idea what the deserts were unless it had the word "cake" in it.
We paid for our meal (duh) and headed out to the.....
Bowling Ally!

I'm not the best of bowlers.
My first two games were awful as I'd throw too far one direction or too far the other and ended up in the gutter.
At some point my friend's little boy, Carson, was beating me and I honestly believe it was because he was using bumpers.
Did I mention he is 3 years old?
Well a miracle happened and I broke 100 for the first time in 5 years!
I'm tellin ya! It was birthday luck!
The cool thing about that is that my mom and I finished the game with the same score!
What are the odds of that?!

My score is the second down from the top and my mom's score is the one below mine :)

Needless to say... I went home and slept.
Sunday was going to be full of church, a mini family bday party, and family photos.

I got this awesome Fuji Instant Polaroid (not the brand, Polaroid.) camera and I have really enjoyed taking pictures with it.


This isn't the only thing I got for my birthday.
I got a lot of thoughtful things and am so fortunate and thankful.
This has just been one of those things that I've been wanting for a little over a year.
I love taking pictures but usually don't have a way of printing them very fast.
It is nice to take some sweet photos here and there and have them print out instantly.
Like today... I took a picture of Brodey reading his VeggieTales Bible to Saiya!
I love that picture!
Such a sweet little keepsake.

I enjoyed my time with my family yesterday as we ate and visited.
and as a topper for the weekend, my sister took pictures of the Willy family (that's us. Willy is short for Williams) up on the mountain and it was a lot of fun!
I love seeing the creative ideas my sister comes up with and am anxious to see how all has turned out!
I've seen a handful of them and so far I am in love!

Needless to say it was a very busy birthday weekend and a super fun one at that!
Kind of hard to return back to routine after having so much fun!
Definitely a birthday to remember.
Thank you to everyone who made it such a special day!

Guess I will be posting family pics soon! :)

Hope you all had a great weekend and hope that you all have an awesome week!

Love you ALL.

Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment