Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy I Love....

Happy I Love Yarn Day!!
Today is a day where you thank your stash for always being there for you.
Hug your yarn for allowing you to take out your every day frustrations on it while you tug and pull and knit those stitches.
I celebrate with yarn.
I grieve with yarn.
Yarn is my Therapy.
Yarn is such a part of my every day life and such a huge and very important part of my passion, that without it... I don't know what I'd do!
I'm sure I'd survive but don't be surprised if you saw me trying to knit some grass out in some field somewhere.
I'm sure I'd get pretty desperate if it just disappeared off the earth.

Took a picture of my favorite kind of yarn though!
Malabrigo!!
100% Merino Wool from Uruguay!



I think I've bought more of this kind of yarn than any other.
In 2nd place would probably be Cascade 220 which is 100% wool and knits up beautifully and evenly.

Though I love yarn, I often times have to check myself.
There are greater things than yarn.
Though yarn is wonderful... Yarn is not God and sometimes I feel like I focus more on my knitting than the things that help me grow in a relationship with my saviour.
Without him my life would lack purpose.
Without him my life would lack substance.
Without him my life would lack peace, hope, and grace.
Without him I would still be indulging in my selfishness while I hurt and destroy the things and the people that I love the most.
Without him I would be nothing more than what the world has labeled me.
I am not defined by my talents.
I am not defined by my family.
I am not defined by friends or acquaintances.
I am not defined by YARN.
I am what God says I am.
I am a princess to the highest of all Kings.
I am a daughter to the world's greatest Father.
I am a warrior for my biggest defender.
I am his hands and feet to serve others as he has served those who would seem so undeserving.
I am a knitter but first and foremost I am a Christ follower.
The follower of a God that has loved me more unconditionally, more deeply, more purely, more intimately and a God that loves me so much that he would give the ultimate sacrifice for my sins. He sent his only perfect son to die for me.
Every day is "I Love Caren Day" in his calender.
I am so blessed and so undeserving but am so thankful.
So on "I Love Yarn Day" I am declaring I LOVE GOD because he is and will always be my first love.


I felt like I had to write this because as I sat and thought about "I Love Yarn Day" and how I was going to write about how much I love yarn, I felt like God was saying "when are you going to write about how much you love me?" and I said "Good point! I'll do that now!"

So yes.
I love yarn.
But
I love Jesus MORE!
I love God more than any skein of yarn out there.

I also love ALL of you!
I hope your week has been a blessed on and that you have a great and safe weekend!

Caren

p.s. wish I could knit Jesus a sweater. He would have a lot of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment