Friday, November 11, 2011

Honoring

Today I've been thinking a lot about my father inlaw.
He passed away 3 years ago, this month, and
Since then David and I have proudly displayed his flag and picture.
I wasn't told much about his service other than he was a hero.
That he put his life on the line for the ones he was fighting with and for the ones he was fighting for.
That he was a man of strength and determination.
That he was a man that was passionate about his country.
That on a boat he saved the lives of his crew mates by risking his own life.

He didn't really much talk about it.

He lived his last years, months, days,
doing what he enjoyed.
Panning/dredging for gold
hunting
fishing
skiing
hanging out with his best friend, Rod, at the Lazy J where he lived in his motor home.
He was a son.
a dad.
a grandpa.
He was a veteran.
When I think of him today I think of how proud I am to have known a hero.
Happy Veteran's Day, David Alexander Williams.
You are loved and you are missed.

Thanks be to my Uncle Dennis and his service.
Thanks be to all of you who have served and never reached it home.
Thanks be to all of you who have defended our country.
Thank you!
God bless you and your families for the sacrifices they have made and are making.

With sincere gratitude,

Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment