Wednesday, November 9, 2011

I shall blog!

I've kind of been missing the last few days!
It's hard to be motivated to blog when
1. life is busy
2. my computer runs as fast as a herd of turtles
But I had a chance to and so I shall blog.

Seeming as how this is a "knitting blog" I suppose I should share my recently knitted item.
Brodey and I went on a date one night to a costume party and so I worked diligently on this hat that I've been wanting to make for the past 3 years.
I finished it just minutes before we needed to be to the party and was thrilled because honestly... I like dressing up and even if it is just as simple as putting on a hat.

I was bear.
You're welcome for stating the obvious!
Brodey of course was dressed in his Yellow Wiggle Costume and was quite the center of attention as he danced, giggled, and played.
It was a perfect date!

In my blogs I keep talking about Christmas knitting.
Well, I haven't even started and I am hoping that this weekend is when it will start.
Birthdays and holidays always seem to pile up at the end of the year and I sadly can not knit fast enough to keep up.

Things on the home front have been well though.
Saiya is growing and learning all the time as she moves herself around our home and discovers new things. Lately she has been "talking" and gets really serious with this baby babble business. Soon enough I will understand but am loving just listening to her in her own little language.
Brodey has been quite excited over the past couple of days.
He has been moved into his very own bedroom which means he no longer has to share with his little sister. I am so glad we did that cause I think with all the things he has had to adjust to over the past year... he deserves it.
He also has a new best friend which is about 7 inches tall and is dressed in a yellow shirt.
My mom bought him a stuffed wiggle doll.
He corrects me and tells me that its a toy. not a doll.
It's a doll.
BUT
a very special one that is stuffed and huggable and small enough to go just about anywhere.
Such a sweet little boy that deserves nothing less than to be loved and blessed.

Over this last weekend I went to Living Proof Live Featuring Beth Moore with my mom and sister and came home feeling pumped about all that I learned and totally refreshed.
check out the blog posting from Beth Moore, recapping on her Casper experience.
http://blog.lproof.org/2011/11/living-proof-live-casper-recap-video.html

Another fun thing...
Snow.
It happened last week and I'm hoping it doesn't happen again for a while.

I hope you all are having a blessed week!
Love you ALL!


Caren

1 comment:

  1. Well that's the cutest hat ever!! I so wish I knew how to knit....but I can't even find the time to crochet:(

    ReplyDelete