Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Winter knitting

Feels like winter is settling in Wyoming for a cold and miserable stay.
Who is old man winter and can I file a complaint?
It's not that I don't like the cold or the snow...
I just don't like being cold or driving in the snow.
You'd think I live in the wrong state or something.
But once I get past the shock of going from 5o degree weather to below zero temps... I come to appreciate the beauty of it as it justifies my yarn stash and compulsive knitting.
Nothing is better than curling up on the couch with a cozy blanket, some comfort food (or drink. depending on if you are hungry or thirsty, or both), and a good movie, book, or for me KNITTING.
I've been thinking about what I can knit while curled up (partially cause I need free hands) under a blanket and I was thinking...
ANOTHER BLANKET!
I went to www.ravelry.com which is a knitting and crocheting community where I go for inspiration and a ton of free patterns.
Here are 3 afghans/blankets/throws that have caught my attention.




http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/mitered-crosses-blanket--for-japan
I love the accent of the crosses against the neutral. I think this is one blanket my husband would appreciate because I love lots and lots of color.


http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/falling-leaves-afghan-wtv1602
I thought this one was beautiful! Seriously love the colors!
Think I'm stuck on fall and I'm ok with that.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/boldly-colored-plaid-afghan
Yeah I love this one too.

I love color.
I love bright colors.
I love many colors.
And it drives me nuts.
Ever heard the term "less is more"?
I can agree with that but more than likely I will have a very colorful blanket and I will either love it or dream of it in other colors.
Guess we will see!

Seriously just crossed my mind that I would jump out of my seat from pure joy if I saw granny square snuggies! I challenge one of my crochet friends to make me one! ...please...

Christmas Knitting Progress....
It has begun!
Finally!

I hope you all are keeping warm where ever you may be!
Love you ALL!

Blessings,
Caren

1 comment:

  1. I love that falling leaves afghan! I am also finally starting on christmas knitting, it's all about hats this year, thankful they are quick :) Curling up next to the fireplace with coffee/tea and my needles make me wish I could just hibernate in my stash all season....just realized I should really update my own blog, but always love reading yours, we should meet up for coffee and knitting some evening.

    Happy Knitting
    -Sabrina

    ReplyDelete