Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Post Halloween

Halloween had been a long thought in my home for a few months when Brodey decided that he wanted to dress up like the Yellow Wiggle (and not just for Halloween).
The plan was for all of us in our family to dress up as the Wiggles but unfortunately they didn't make a shirt small enough for Saiya and it was far too expensive to purchase the shirts for dad and I. We had looked for iron on patches but were unsuccessful in that search. I was pretty bummed out because I know how much Brodey was looking forward to it and thought that it would be fun to have a family costume!
We did buy Brodey's though and was shipped promptly from Australia and ever since then Brodey asks if we can go there.

I hadn't really thought about what to dress Saiya up as but I didn't want to buy a costume that I knew every other little girl out there would be wearing.
I decided that she would make the perfect Garden Gnome and so I knit.
This little girl seems to get spoiled with knitted baby things cause I made her a little red pixie hat and matching ruby slippers.
The overalls that she wore were made by my Grandma and out of recycled denim which i thought was perfect for her little ensemble!
So this little girl was just covered in handmade things.

Trick-or-Treating happened at the mall where the kids just walk from store to store in their costumes where the employees usually are dressed up as well and are handing out candy.
We've done that for the past 4 years with family and works out well considering we don't have much ground to cover and its indoors.
The weather was abnormally nice for this time of year and so David and Brodey did manage to make it out house to house while I hung out with Saiya and my friend, Emilee, at her house.
We enjoyed a very tasty dinner with our friends (whom I am so thankful to for offering to feed us last minute.) and headed home to tuck in our tuckered out little munchkins and relax after good conversation and great company.

It was a simple Halloween full of random crafts through the month of October and a night of dress up and trick-or-treating.
A month of popcorn, fun school projects, fake cobwebs and spiders, vase full of candy, pumpkins, and cute movies.
(Including "Hocus Pocus" which was watched about 3 times on Halloween day)

All in All pretty simple.
Just the way I like it!

I hope that you all had a fun and safe Halloween!
Love you ALL!

Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment