Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Switching Holidays

I hope Thanksgiving was a well enjoyed holiday for you all!
My Thanksgiving was pretty good.
Thankfully David did a good majority of the cooking while I made just a couple of easy side dishes and my mom brought pie and a tasty side dish made of sweet potatoes and brown sugar.
It was a wonderful feast and we snacked on leftovers all weekend long and don't have that mess hoarding our fridge any longer.

Brodey has been asking me for a while now to make him a Wiggles Hat.
Not any particular style... just the colors Yellow, Blue, Red, and Purple.
I managed to come across a hat pattern on Ravelry and figured out how perfect it would be to incorporate all 4 colors without it looking super busy.
I finished his hat Thanksgiving day and he loved it so much that he insisted on sleeping in it.
He sure looks cute in it :)

Yes. He is giving "thumbs up". lol


So now that Thanksgiving is over I was able to justify setting things up for Christmas yesterday.
It didn't take as long as I thought it was going to. or maybe it just seems that way because I did a little bit at a time...
I just love this time of year because we imediately switch from Thanksgiving to Christmas and it seems that Christmas is a month long event with all the parties and dinners that people are throwing. Not to mention I spend longer than that preparing for it.
It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas in the Willy household!
Now for that dreaded "S" word.
I will admit that snow does help contribute to the whole Christmas scene.
So as much as I don't like driving in it... It will be nice to see it when I look out my window.

Now to finish my Christmas Knitting!

Are you making your Christmas gifts this year?!

Well I must get back to work.
Hope you are doing well.
Love you ALL!


Blessings,
Caren

No comments:

Post a Comment